Cybersecurity is one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. According to a report, India was the most cyber-attacked country in the world for three months in 2019. India and the US are two countries that face the most cyberattacks in the world and there’s a huge shortage of great talent in India to tackle the same. This is the reason why there is a significant rise in the number of cybersecurity jobs in the last few years and in the current scenario, it is a thriving, lucrative career option.
As the country is creating great opportunities, enterprises/firms are looking to hire people, however, a significant amount of required skill set and a specialized certification is required. But with so many security certifications out there, it is natural to get a little confused as to how to get started. In order to boost your resume, increase your pay scale, or just to stand out among other potential candidates, you can consider these different cybersecurity courses. Before choosing any of these certification courses, it is essential to check the credibility of the course and whether it aligns with your career goal or not.
10 Best Cybersecurity Courses to Boost Your Career in 2021
1. IIT Jodhpur TISC Advanced Certificate Program on CyberDefense, Whizhack
IITJ Bootcamp is India’s first and only cybersecurity training certification program that offers dual degrees. It is supported by WhizHack and Cybint Israel. The aim of the course is to provide unique opportunities for Indian youth with little or no background in IT to specialize in cyber defense. The course is designed in a way to help fresh graduates to explore lucrative career options in India as well as globally.
About the course:
- The training for the dual certification program will be provided jointly by Indian and Israeli faculty to graduates and working professionals
- The 480 hours of quality learning content, the total 6 months course will have 12 self-paced learning modules. It will also include doubt clearing classes and live sessions by Israeli expert and IITJ faculty
- Bootccampers will do about half of the program in a self-paced format with time-bound assessments and project-based assignments. The live virtual classes will happen only twice a week divided into 4 hours each day
Cost of the program:
Program Fee: INR 225,000+GST
Early Bird Fee: INR 200,000+GST (subject to acceptance of Statement of Purpose)
EMI options against credit cards available
2. Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team), Jigsaw Academy with HackerU
Master Certificate in Cyber Security (RedTeam) is the only course in India that focuses exclusively on offensive cybersecurity technologies. The comprehensive training program is designed in collaboration with/by HackerU, the top cybersecurity experts from Israel. In this course, through an in-depth study of emerging technologies, students will get to explore the hacker’s state of mind. Offensive hacking, python for hacking, Linux administration, OSCP preparation are some of the top skills you will learn through this program.
Duration: 11 months and 2 assessments
Cost Of The Program: INR 2,80,000 + Taxes
3. Master of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Cybersecurity course, IIITM-K
This course aims to provide students a foundation for preparing them in becoming experts and teaching them the hacks to prevent cyber attacks. On the completion of the course, students can explore a wide range of opportunities in the cyber world both nationally as well as globally.
Duration of the program: 2 years (11 core courses, 4 electives, and five lab courses), 72 credits is the total requirement of the program
Number of seats: 40
Eligibility: Entry-level requirement is a minimum score of 60 percentage marks OR CPI/CGPA of 6.5 or above in 10 points in the Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology / Science with Mathematics as a subject of study.
The students of Cyber Security specialization are expected to have studied Mathematics during the +2/pre-university also.
4. PGP in Cybersecurity, Praxis Business School
PGP in cybersecurity is the only program designed to create industry-ready cyber warriors by addressing the three major aspects of the cybersecurity ecosystem – technology, people, processes. The renowned Praxis is known for its placement program that helps students enjoy a promising career in the cybersecurity world.
Unique aspects of the program:
- The curriculum with 525 hours of lectures, lab work, and case studies is distributed over 3 trimesters. You can choose your specialization – SOC Analysis, Security Incident Handling, and Information, Digital Forensic, & Cyber Audit
- The training of the program will be delivered by industry leaders
- Praxis has extensive industry partnerships with CISCO, Fortinet, British Standards Institution (BSI), ISACA (Kolkata Chapter), and Infosec Foundation
Cost of the program: INR 306800
Number of seats: 30
5. Cybersecurity Certification Course, Edureka
With a cybersecurity certification course from Edureka, students will learn important and basic concepts such as computer networks, ethical hacking, cryptography, application security, and more. The course is designed to cover a variety of foundation topics and is the first step you will take towards learning cybersecurity. Edureka offers short-term online courses along with 24* 7-lifetime support.
Cost of the program: INR 14,995
Duration Of The Program: 4 weeks (weekend batch)
6. PG Diploma/M.Tech in Cybersecurity, Reva University
PG Diploma/M.Tech in Cybersecurity is designed for working professionals that provide in-depth knowledge of the cybersecurity world. The highlight of this program is experiential learning with proprietary and open software programs.
About the program:
- The trainers of the program are industry professionals with more than 10 years of experience and coming from diverse sectors such as IT, ITES, etc.
- Placement support includes career guidance, mock interviews and resume building tips
- Access to learning management system and 24*7 support to other study resources
Duration Of The Program: 12 months PG Diploma and 24 months M.Tech Program
Eligibility: At least 50% marks in B. Tech/BE and 2 years of industry experience
Batch size: 30
7. Certified Information System Security Professional, Simplilearn
The Certified Information System Security Professional course is best suited for someone who is at the intermediate level of their career. The training covers best industry practices and develops your expertise in designing and developing a secure and safe business environment. This certification will also offer a hands-on training environment employing an ethical hacking process. Simplilearn’s CISSP certification training is aligned to the (ISC)² CBK requirements i.e. the course trains you to help you pass the exam on the first attempt.
Duration Of The Program: 40 hrs for CEH program, and 32 hrs for CISSP program
Cost Of The Program: INR 35,999 for CEH and INR 24,999 for CISSP (approx)
8. Stanford Advanced Computer Security Program, Great Learning
This cybersecurity course will help you learn the foundations and skills necessary to build a career in cybersecurity. In addition to this, you will also learn about security objective basics, primary security breaches that occurred over the years.
Key highlights of the course:
- Learn from the top Stanford faculty and several experienced industry leaders
- Hands-on projects under the guidance of industry experts
- 50 + hours of learning
- The Great Learning also allows for personal guidance on your learning journey
Duration Of The Program: 6 Months
Cost Of The Program: INR 1,87,929 (approximately)
9. Post-Graduation Program in Cybersecurity, IIDT
Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) is the Academic Partner chosen by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to deliver the one-year full-time postgraduate program in cybersecurity at IIDT. The course focuses on the introduction and the basics of cybersecurity, software security, digital forensics, and so on.
Duration Of The Program: 11 Months
Cost Of The Program: INR 5,25,000 (approx)
10. Post Graduate Certificate in Management (Cyber Laws), Symbiosis
This course will help those working in IT companies as well as practicing lawyers to upgrade their knowledge of cyber laws. The curriculum of the program is based on the Indian Legal System and Indian Laws.
Duration Of The Program: 1 year (The registration period is valid for one and a half academic year)