Intrusion is something that is a huge concern for commercial as well as residential properties and hence people look out for measures to stop it. Every 2 minutes, a burglary, robbery or break-in takes place around the globe and only 9% of the reported burglaries are resolved by the Police. Thus in this scenario, going for the technological products is what left out with people to go for. The advanced technology Intrusion Detection Systems prove to be a boon for people who want to safeguard their belongings and families from unwanted threats.
What is an Intrusion Detection System :
An Intrusion Detection System is a combination of various electronic devices that are connected with each other and prevent the intrusion from taking place by detecting the intruders/burglars beforehand and alerting the property owner. Such a system is far better than traditional security devices like CCTVs as CCTVs can never prevent an intrusion from taking place. They just record the events and act as a proof to the Police to act upon the situation and catch the burglars if possible.
Components of an Intrusion Detection System :
- Perimeter Protection Sensors :- These are the sensors that are placed on the outer boundary of the secured place to detect the intruder at the point of attempted entry. Such devices also act as a deterrent to intruders thinking about to gain unauthorized entry into the premises.
- Indoor Sensors :- The indoor sensors are installed in the interior parts of the premises to be secured. The most common places to put these sensors are the main gate, garden, lobby, halls, walls, etc.
- Roofs/Ceiling Sensors :- There also exist security sensors that are just made to protect the roofs and ceilings of the premises to prevent intrusion from these places.
- Control Panel :- Control Panel is the brain of the Intrusion Detection System with which all other devices are connected to send and receive signals at the time of any intrusion activity.
- Hooter/Siren: – Hooter/Siren is the device that gets activated by the control panel to produce a loud sound whenever any suspicious activity is detected by the devices securing the premises.
How Intrusion Detection System Works :
The Intrusion Detection System works in a well set sequence of actions to detect and alert the intrusion attempt :-
- The installed devices/sensors come into action whenever there is any suspicious activity sensed in the detection region of the sensors. On detecting the activity, the sensor sends a warning signal to the control pane.
- The control panel receives the warning signal and reacts to the situation by activating the siren/hooter and sending the alert to the property owner about the activity.
- Banks and ATMs
Why choose OPTEX for Comprehensive security :
Optex is the leader in security sensors and has been providing the unstopped security to almost all the verticals of society for more than 40 years.
- Optex is present in more than 80 countries.
- Around 20 million products are in use across the globe.
- Annually Optex manufactures more than 3 million products and distributes them around the world.
- The products from Optex comply with over 200 laws, standards and regulations to undergo the manufacturing process.
- Before launching a product in the market, around 150 in-house products evaluation tests are done to test the environmental resistance and other quality parameters.